EESL partnered with BSNL to install 1k EV
charging points in India
To boost and to promote the use of electric mobility all over India, the world’s largest energy service company (ESCO) Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with telecom major Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL).
EESL partnered with BSNL
According to the MoU, the state-owned EESL is responsible yo install 1,000 public electric vehicles (EV) charging stations in a phased manner on BSNL sites spread across India.
It will also make a complete upfront investment on the services, operation and maintenance (O&M) cost of the EV charging infrastructure by using qualified personnel.
Whereas BSNL will provide the requisite space and power connections for the installations of EV chargers.
Under the government’s vision of the National Electric Mobility Programme, the company has commissioned 300 AC and 170 DC chargers all over India.
Till now, EESL’s 66 public charging stations are operational in the Delhi NCR region. Earlier EESL has made an agreement with BSNL to install 100 e-cars public charging stations in Punjab. This agreement will last for 10 years.
The agreement is made to build electric vehicle infrastructure in BSNL, Punjab Telecom Circle area and to explore the synergy to promote the use of electric vehicles including the two-wheeler in the state said an official.
Apart from these, it has also signed an MoU with
- Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC),
- Noida Authority,
- Chennai Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (CMRCL),
- Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation (JMRCL),
- Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) and
- Commissioner, Director of Municipal Administration (CDMA),
- New Town Kolkata Development Authority and Kalinga University Raipur (Chhattisgarh) for the development of Public Charging Stations (PCS) in their respective areas.
For any promotions and advertisements on electricvehicles.in, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org