Public EV Charging Stations-If you are planning to contribute to the eco-friendly mobility system by setting up a charging station in India. Then this article is especially for you. Let me tell you something interesting that will make you happy, as per the Government of India guidelines, any individual or entity is free to set up public charging stations.
Public EV Charging Stations Installation
As you all know the Government of India is taking many initiatives to promote the manufacturing and adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) in India. Charging Infrastructure is an important element for electric vehicles to run on roads.
Recently the Government had approved Rs 10,000 crore under the second phase of FAME India (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles in India) for the promotion of electric and hybrid vehicles through FAME II which will continue for three years till 31st March 2022.
The Government Guidelines On Charging Stations As Per FAME India
To establish charging infrastructures connecting major city clusters, where stations will be available at every 25 km on both sides of the road.
Establishment of 2700 charging infrastructure in metros, other million-plus cities, smart cities and cities of Hilly states across the country, at least one charging station in a grid of 3 km x 3 km should be available.
Public EV Charging Stations Installation-Notification by the Government of India Ministry of Power States
- Private charging at residences or offices shall be permitted. DISCOMs may facilitate the same.
- Setting up of Public Charging Stations shall be a de-licensed activity and any individual or entity is free to set up public charging stations,
- such stations meet the technical as well as performance standards and protocols by Ministry of Power and Central Electricity Authority from time to time.
- Any person seeking to set up a Public Charging Station may apply for connectivity and they shall be provided connectivity on priority by the Distribution Company licensee to supply power in the area.
- Any Charging Station or Chain of Charging Stations may also obtain electricity from any generation company through open access.
Public Charging Infrastructure – Minimum Requirements:
Every Public Charging Station (PCS) shall have the following minimum infrastructure:
- A transformer with all related substation equipment including safety appliance.
- 33 or 11 KV line or cables with associated equipment including as needed for line termination/metering etc.
- Appropriate civil works.
- Adequate space for Charging and entry or exit of vehicles.
- Current international standards that are prevalent and used by most vehicle manufacturers internationally are CCS and CHadeMO.
- Public Charging Stations shall have, one or more electric kiosk or boards with the installation of all the charger models as follows:
- The kiosk or board may have options for installation of additional chargers if required.
- The Public Charging Station Providers are free to create Charging Hubs and to install an additional number of Kiosk or Chargers in addition to the minimum number of chargers prescribed above.
- Tie up with at least one online Network Service Providers to enable advance remote or online booking of charging slots by EV owners. Such online information to EV owners should also include information regarding location, types and numbers of chargers installed or available.
- Share charging station data with appropriate DISCOM and to maintain appropriate protocols as prescribed by such DISCOM for this purpose.
Fast charging facility is also planned to be provided at the PCS by the PCI provider, the following additional infrastructure must be provided:
- Appropriate Liquid Cooled cables if High Speed Charging Facility for onboard charging of Fluid Cooled Batteries (FCBs) is also planned.
- Appropriate Climate Control Equipment for Fast Charging of Batteries to be used for swapping (i.e. not onboard)
- Every Public Charging Station (PCS) shall be operational only after inspection and clearance as communicated by a suitable clearance certificate, by the concerned electrical inspectors or technical personnel designated specifically by the respective DISCOM for this purpose. DISCOMs may also impanel one or more third party authorized technical agencies for this purpose
- Tariff for the supply of electricity to EV Public charging stations shall not be more than 15 percent.
Where To Install Public Charging Station
- At least one Charging Station should be available in a grid of 3 Km X 3 Km. One Charging Station set up at every 25 Km on both sides of highways or roads.
- For long-range EVs such as SUVs, buses, trucks etc., there should be at least one Fast Charging Station with Charging Infrastructure
- Specifications at every 100 Kms, one on each side of the highways or road located preferably within or alongside the stations.
- Within cities, such charging facilities for heavy-duty EVs shall be located within Transport areas, bus depots etc.
If you are planning to install or set up an EV Charging station, you are not only contributing to the clean and green environment, it is also helping you to gain profits, You can start your business or start-up by either installing charging stations or by manufacturing or supplying of EVs components. This is a great opportunity for people looking for starting a business.
For any promotions and advertisements on electricvehicles.in, please send an email to [email protected]