Uttar Pradesh government announced Electric Vehicle Manufacturing & Mobility Policy 2019 to promote e-mobility. This policy provides attractive fiscal and non-fiscal to attract investments to promote electric mobility in the state. It also promotes the early adoption of EVs in the state and creates demand in the sector. This policy will come into effect on the date of its notification and will remain in force for a period of 5 years.
Uttar Pradesh Electric Vehicle Manufacturing & Mobility Policy 2019
The policy has 3 main components
- Charging infrastructure
- Demand Creation
Uttar Pradesh Electric Vehicle Policy 2019
Objectives of the Policy
- To promote the adoption of EVs in the state to create a greener environment in the
- To establish Uttar Pradesh as a preferred destination for attracting investments
in manufacturing of Electric Vehicles (EV).
- To create employment opportunities both from the supply side and demand side
of Electric Vehicles.
- To create a conducive environment for the shift from Internal Combustion (IC)
engines to Electric Vehicles (EVs).
- To encourage the use of Hybrid EVs (HEVs) and Plug-in-electric vehicles (PEVs)
during the transition phase.
- To develop human capital and augment the power capacity to meet the needs
of the industry promoting electric mobility in the state
- To develop a strong and sustainable ecosystem for battery management, right
from the production stage to disposal stage
Uttar Pradesh is India’s largest consumer base, the Electric Vehicle market is set to boom in the State. It is the 4th largest economy, contributing nearly 8% to the country’s GDP. Uttar Pradesh is amongst the top 5 manufacturing state and has the highest number of MSME units with a strong foothold in the automobile industry.
UP EV Policy 2019 Highlights
- EV Manufacturing Zones/Parks
- EV mobility
- Transition to Electric Vehicles
- Public Transportation
- Private Transportation
- Goods Transportation
- Charging Infrastructure
- Battery recycling ecosystem
- Research and Development
- Startup and Innovation
- Fiscal incentives
- To manufacturing units (EVMUs and EBUs)
- Incentives to Service Units
- Environment Protection Incentives
- Private EV Parks
- Incentives for Private EV Parks and clusters with plug and play facilities.
- Research and Development
EV Mobility incentives
First 1,00,000 buyers of Private EVs manufactured within the State of Uttar Pradesh over the period of this policy will be provided following exemptions from
- 100% exemption from Vehicle registration fees
- 100% exemption on road tax for 2-wheeler EVs and 75% road tax exemption for other EVs
For detailed information about the Uttar Pradesh Electric Vehicle Policy 2019
For any promotions and advertisements on electricvehicles.in, please send an email to [email protected]