Delhi government finally announced a perfect Electric Vehicle policy to promote E-Mobility. The main motto of the draft Delhi EV policy 2018 is to fight against pollution in the capital city of India. Electric two-wheeler taxi concept was an innovative step from the Delhi government in the EV policy. Giving more importance for setting up charging infrastructure and creating job opportunities in the EV sector are some of the key points in the EV policy agenda.
Vehicular pollution is the challenging factor in National Capital Territory of Delhi. 30 % of particulate pollution due to vehicles, Zero emission vehicles are the solution for pollution problems.
The Primary Objective of Delhi EV Policy 2018
- To decrease air pollution and creating jobs in driving, selling, financing, servicing and charging of EVs
- Incentives on purchase and use of electric two-wheelers and
- Supporting the electrification of public/shared transport.
Delhi EV Policy Highlights
Policy Benefits for Two-Wheelers
- Vehicles to be eligible under FAME India or
- Should have been notified as being eligible by the transport department, GNCTD.
- The vehicle should be High power two-wheelers with an Advanced battery
- Incentives are applicable for electric two-wheelers that are comparable to above 90 cc ICE two-wheelers
Incentive details for Two-Wheelers
- The incentive amount is equivalent to 50% of FAME India subsidies, funds given by the air ambiance fund of DPCC
- An Additional Top-up incentive of up to 50% on the FAME India incentive will be given to Swappable batteries for a period of 3 years from the notification.
- Two-wheeler taxies are allowed with a registration.
- No parking fees and registration fees for two-wheelers with and Advance battery.
- 15,000 incentive for ICE two-wheelers owners for scrapping into electric vehicles for 2 years of notification
- No road tax, Registration charges, MCD one-time parking fee, and autorickshaw permit fees.
- A valid light motor vehicle driving license(DL) and a PSV badge will be eligible to apply for e-auto permits.
- Hire purchase and hypothecation of e-autos will be allowed for scheduled banks and non-banking financial
companies (NBFCs) duly approved by the reserve bank of India.
- Fleet owners will also be allowed to obtain and hold e-auto permits.
- Individuals with DL and PSV badge will be eligible to apply for e-auto Permits.
- Fleet owners can also obtain and hold e-auto permits.
- Financing companies for TSRs will get 5% of purchase price, the maximum amount is ₹12,500
- Financing companies for TSRs will get 5% interest subvention for a loan amount of ₹2,50,000
and a maximum loan tenor of 3 years.
- Financing companies for E-Rickshaws will get 10% of purchase price, the maximum amount is ₹20,000
- Financing companies for E-Rickshaws will get 5% interest subvention for a loan amount of ₹1,80,000
and a maximum loan tenor of 3 years.
- Encouraging App-based e-cab/e=auto with cashback offers.
- 100 pure electric buses in 2019.
- Incentives to operators of private buses
- 50% of public transport should be electric in Delhi by 2023.
Goods Carrier(3 WHEELER)
- Incentives for the first 500 e-carriers to be registered.
- No road tax, registration fees and MCD one-time parking fee.
No road tax, registration fees and MCD one-time parking fee for a period of 2018-2023.
Private Charging Infrastructure
- Private charging points at new and renovated non-residential buildings with parking space more than 10 equivalent car spaces (ECS)
- One EV AC charger for a parking area of more than 10 ECS
- 100% grant on the purchase and installation cost of charging points up to ₹30,000 per charging point for the first 10,000 charging points.
- Chargers should comply with BEVC-AC001 specifications.
- Electricity tariff for charging stations – ₹5.50 per kWh.
Public Charging Infrastructure
- Charging facilities within 3 km travel from anywhere in Delhi.
- Charging station at public parking zones, bus depots, metro stations, and other GNCTD identified
Creating Jobs in the EV sector
- With the new sector comes new jobs, the EV adoption will provide jobs in the form of e-auto, e-cab drivers, charging station operators and EV service mechanics.
- Partnership with auto OEMs, EOs, and BSOs for job creation.
- EV training classes for mechanics and charging station staff.
- Private sector partnership for job creation.
Summary of Incentives available for various classes of EVs
For complete details about Delhi EV Policy 2018 – Click Here