Tata Motors EVs, As Government approved Rs 10,000 crore under the second phase of FAME India (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles in India) for the promotion of electric and hybrid vehicles through FAME II.
FAME India-Tata Motors EVs
The FAME scheme is to incentivize the manufacture of electric vehicles. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved a Rs 10,000 crore package for the second phase of Faster Adoption & Manufacturing of Electric (and hybrid) vehicles (FAME) scheme which will continue for three years till 31st March 2022.
“The main objective of the scheme is to encourage faster adoption of electric and hybrid vehicles by way of offering an upfront incentive on a purchase of electric vehicles,” said the government in a statement.
As per FAME India, As of 16th March 2019
- The Total No.of Vehicles Sold are 266999
- Saved fuel ( In Litres)-42405386
- Fuel saving per day ( In Litres)-52525
- CO2 Reduction per day (In Kg)-130193
- CO2 Reduction (In Kg)-105823557
- Total no. of Incentives Claimed- (266841)
- Total Incentive Amount is Rs.3207013400.00
Tata Motors is one of the most popular and leading companies for the adoption of electric vehicles in India.
Tata Tigor EV, Tata Tigor EV-XM, Tata Tigor EV- XE, Tata Tigor EV-XT are the Tata Motor’s Four Wheeler electric vehicles.
Tata Motors’s Some of the Contributions Towards EVs
- Tata Motors Supplied 40 Electric Buses To Lucknow City
- Tender To supply 255 Electric Buses to 6 public transport undertakings
- 2,700 Fast Charging Stations Installation In India By Tata
- Tata Starbus Hybrid Electric Bus
- Supply of 10,000 electric cars to EESL (Energy Efficiency Services)
- Charging Stations installation in offices and many more
- Supply Of 80 electric buses to West Bengal Transport Corporation
- Supply Of 40 units of the Ultra 9m AC electric buses to Atal Indore City Transport Service Limited
Here are the incentive list provided by the government for electric vehicles. Below are the electric vehicles from Tata Motors with its incentives list.
|Model Name||Vehicle Type||Incentive Amount|
|1||TATA TIGOR EV||Four Wheeler||124000|
|2||TATA TIGOR EV – XM||Four Wheeler||124000|
|3||TATA TIGOR EV – XE||Four Wheeler||124000|
|4||TATA TIGOR EV – XT||Four Wheeler||124000|
For any promotions and advertisements on electricvehicles.in, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org