Assam Electric Vehicle Policy 2021
The Government of Assam has taken several initiatives to improve road conditions and to reduce air pollution. The EV policy 2021 shall serve as the adoption of electric vehicles in the state and to better the air quality, reduce noise pollution, enhanced energy security and in combination with a low carbon power generation mix-reduced greenhouse emissions. The policy shall remain in force for a period of 5 years or till a new or revised policy. Read further to know more about Assam Electric Vehicle Policy 2021.
Assam Electric Vehicle Policy 2021
The objective of the Assam EV policy 2021
- Improvement in air quality by y bringing down emissions from the transport sector
- The rapid adoption of Battery Electric Vehicles to contribute to 25% of all new vehicle registrations by 2026.
- Creating a robust infrastructure for electric vehicles
- Adequate power supply and network of charging points with favourable power tariff
- To create a skilled workforce for the EV industry
- To create a conducive environment for Industry and Research Intuitions to focus on cutting edge research in EV Technologie
- After 2025 only electric vehicles will be allowed to purchase
- All ICE vehicles based on commercial fleets and logistics will be phased out by 2030
First time EV buyers benefits
- 100% discount on registration
- 100% discount on road tax
- 100% discount on parking
- Subsidy up to Rs 20,000 for two-wheelers
- Subsidy up to Rs 50,000 for three-wheelers
- Subsidy up to Rs 1.5 lakh for four-wheelers
- 90% discount at EV charging stations
Incentives for the adoption of electric vehicles
Max ex-factory price to avail incentive
|2 wheeler||2 KWh||10000/-per kWh||20,000/-||Rs. 1.50 lakhs|
|3 wheeler||5 KWh||10000/-per kWh||50,000/-||Rs. 5.00 lakhs|
|4 wheeler||15 KWh||10000/-per kWh||1,50,000/-||Rs. 15.00 lakhs|
Retro-fitment incentive at 15% up to Rs. 15,000 for 3-Seater auto rickshaws.
Incentives for EV charging infrastructure
- Commercial public EV charging stations for E2W, E3W, and E4W are eligible for 25% capital subsidy on equipment subject to a maximum limit of Rs. 10 lakhs per charging station. It will be for the first 500 commercial public EV charging stations.
- The State Government shall exempt 90% electricity duty of EV charging stations while 10% electricity duty shall be paid by the entrepreneurs during the period of this policy.
- Petrol Pumps are also permitted to set up EV charging stations providing fire and safety norms issued by the competent authorities.
Incentives for manufacturing of EV and other components
The incentives for manufacturing electric vehicles and other components are eligible for 20% of the cost for
- 20% of the cost of Plant & Machinery is up to Rs. 15 lakh for Micro Units
- 20% of the cost of Plant & Machinery is up to Rs. 50 lakh for small Units
- 20% of the cost of Plant & Machinery is up to Rs. 1 Cr. for Medium Units
- 10% of the cost of Plant & Machinery is up to Rs. 10 Cr. for Large Units
- 3% Interest Subsidy on Working Capital Loan available under NEIDS 2017 or any subsequent policy from central or state government
Research & Development & battery
- State Government shall partner with premier Technical Institutes for establishing Centers of Excellence for conducting market-focused research on battery technologies, battery Management, motors and controllers
- Financial support shall be given to startups for research and innovation in EV & Battery Technologies
- Re-use of EV batteries will be encouraged and the setting up of recycling businesses in collaboration with battery and EV manufacturers
- Focusing on ‘Urban Mining’ of rare materials within the battery for re-use by battery manufacturers will be promoted
If you are an EV manufacturer or EV Dealer or EV Supporter who want to share news related to electric vehicles on our website, please send an email to [email protected]