Earlier this morning, A.P Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu inaugurated Kia Motors Electric vehicle charging stations in Amaravati. The CM of Andhra Pradesh and CEO of KIA Motors India, Kookhyun Shim signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) towards future mobility partnership. Kia Motors Gifted 3 electric cars namely Niro Plug-in, Niro Plug-in hybrid PHEV and Niro EV to Chief Minister of A.P at the inauguration Event.
According to the agreement, Kia motors to produce 3 lakhs of electric cars every year and providing job opportunities to the youth of rayalaseema.
The company will sell 90 % of electric cars in India and 10% for exports. It already built its own township for employees and companies affiliated workers.
The Chief Minister of A.P said that Andhra Pradesh government encouraging eco-friendly transportation in the state by promoting EVs. The project helps in generating job opportunities for unemployed youth. Currently, 700 electric cars are operating on Andhra Pradesh, this number will increase to 1500 by January 2019 and 4000 electric cars by march and 10,000 by December.
Currently, 100 EV charging station is there in A.P, this number will be increased in the coming days.
KIA MOTORS Ananatapur
KIA Motors invested 1.6 Billion USD for its first Electric Vehicles manufacturing Unit in Ananatapur.
Unemployed youth will get job opportunities with the establishment of KIA MOTORS.The first phase of
electric cars are expected launch in the last quarter of 2019.
About Kia Motors Achievements
- 47 BILLION REVENUE
- 4.7 million units production
- Branches in 180 countries
- 14 manufacturing units all around the world
- 53000 Employees
Key Points in AP Chief Minister Speech
- Creating best ecosystem in A.P
- 100% unskilled labor got employment opportunities
- 6,600 Employment Opportunities
- Incentives for Electric Vehicle charging station Setup
- Providing electric vehicles regulations online
- Switching transportation into E-Mobility
- Cheaper Power rates for EVs
- Developing Electric Vehicles Infrastructure
It’s a great step from the state government of Andhra Pradesh to promote electric vehicles.