FAME India Scheme Phase-II, Department of Heavy Industry had launched the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India (FAME India) to promote and encourage the EVs and Hybrid vehicles.
FAME India Scheme Phase-II
In Notification from the Ministry of heavy industries and public enterprises, the FAME India Phase II,
The Department of Heavy Industry shall be the nodal department in the government of India which will plan, implement and review of the scheme.
The FAME scheme proposed to be implemented to:
- Demand Incentives
- Establishment of a network of Charging Stations
- Administration of Scheme including Publicity, IEC (Information, Education & Communication) activities.
The scheme will commence from 1st April 2019 and will last until 3 years. Here are the details of the fund allocation year wise, component wise for the scheme to run.
Demand incentives are an important part of the scheme as it directly helps in demand generation of EVs by way of reducing the cost of the acquisition of such vehicles.
|S.No||Component||2019-20||2020-21||2021-22||Total Fund Requirement
|3||Admistrative Expenditure Including |
Publicity, ICE activities
|Total For Fame II||1134||5000||3500||9634|
|4||Committed Expenditure of Phase-1||366||0||0||366|
As Per The FAME India Scheme Phase-II- Following categories of vehicles shall be eligible for demand incentives-
- Buses (only Electric Vehicle technology)
- Four Wheelers [Electric (EV), Plug-in Hybrid (PHEV) and Strong Hybrid (SHEV)]
- Three-wheeler (Electric) including Registered E-Rickshaws
- Two Wheelers (Electric)
The demand incentive is based on the capacity of the batteries for example-the energy content measured in Kw-Hr. It will change according to the technology trends in the market.
The scheme will be mainly for the public transportation or registered for commercial purposes in 3W, 4W and Bus segments. However, the private 2Ws will be covered under the scheme as a mass segment.
Vehicles registered as the “Motor Vehicles” as per the Central Motor Vehicle Rules (CMVR) shall only be eligible for the incentives. The Advanced Batteries’ will be defined separately under the scheme.
To meet the qualifying criteria for the demand incentives, the hybrid/electric vehicle (xEVs) including its variants and versions,
- Be manufactured in the country and have such percentage of localization as may be notified
from time to time
- meet provisions contained in Central Motor Vehicle Rules (CMYR) in terms of type approval, classification, categorization, definition, roadworthiness, registration etc. as per the provisions contained in CMVR,
- obtain a certificate of FAME India Phase II eligibility fulfillment from Recognised testing agencies,
- Be accompanied by at least three-year comprehensive warranty including that of the battery from the manufacturer and to have adequate facilities for after-sales service for the life of the vehicle,
- Be fitted with suitable monitoring devices to know the mileage of vehicles to determine the total fuel savings on an areal time basis, and
- Should appropriately display a sticker indicating that it has been purchased under the scheme, Format of the sticker will be provided by the Department of Heavy Industry.
Vehicle segment-wise Incentives, Maximum Number of vehicles to be supported and other details.
Sr.No Vehicle Segment Max No.of Vehicles
to be supported
of battery in KWH
Total Approx incentive@10000/KWh for all vehicles & 20000/KWh for buses & trucks Max Ex-Factory price to avail incentive Total Fund Support from DHI
1 Registered e-2Wheeler 1000000 2 KWH Rs. 20000/- Rs. 1.5 Lakhs Rs.2000 Cr
2 Registered e-3Wheeler
500000 5 KWH Rs.50000/- Rs. 5 Lakhs Rs.2500 Cr
3 e-4 Wheelers 35000 15 KWH Rs. 150000/- Rs.15 Lakhs Rs. 525 Cr
4 4W Strong Hybrid vehicle 20000 1.3 KWH Rs.13000 Rs. 15 Lakhs Rs.26 Cr
5 e-Bus 7090 250 KWH Rs. 50 Lakhs Rs. 2 Crores Rs.3545 Cr
Total Demand Incentive Rs.8596 Cr
For any promotions and advertisements on electricvehicles.in, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.orgFor the latest electric vehicles news, follow electricvehicles.in on Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube Channel.