SF Motors is a global electric vehicle company that aims to accelerate the growth of the EV industry at large through a premium consumer vehicle brand and by supporting other players in core EV technologies and manufacturing.
Last week, the company announced its latest electric cars SF5, SF7 and technological advances and a new line of intelligent electric vehicles.The SF5 will be available for pre-order by the end of 2018 and will hit the road in 2019.
Key points of SF Motors:
- Proprietary powertrain delivers 1000 horsepower and accelerates to 60 miles per hour in less than
- Targeting “protective autonomy” safety technology by 2020, using a LiDAR system to handle
typical driving tasks even in adverse weather and road conditions
- Introducing two EVs—the SF5 and SF7—with the first vehicle available for pre-order by the end
of 2018, and hitting the road in 2019
- Only pure EV company today capable of independently building and selling EVs in two of the
world’s largest markets—the U.S. and China—using Industry 4.0 manufacturing standards
- Global R&D centers in the United States, Germany, China, and Japan—attracting the top talent in
- Industry partnerships include Bosch, Dürr, Siemens, University of Michigan, and others
- Accelerating EV industry through a unique global business model that includes the sharing of
technological advances with partners
SF MOTORS Innovations:
SF Motors has developed a flexible motor system allowing vehicle design using one, two, three, or four
motor configurations. At the top end, the powerful four-motor system will deliver over 1000HP, meaning
vehicles can accelerate from 0 to 60 miles per hour in under 3 seconds. The company’s motors and
gearboxes are key to this, with peak power ranging from 100KW to 400KW.
SF Motors sets a new bar with its developments in the emerging areas of electric and intelligent
technologies. SF Motors has created a proprietary powertrain that includes custom motors, gearboxes,
3303 Scott Blvd., Santa Clara, CA 95054battery cells and packs, as well as vehicle controllers—giving the company extraordinary control and flexibility in the design of their vehicles. The company has also focused on intelligent technologies to deliver new levels of autonomy and connectivity.
SF5 and SF7 Gallery: